If you’re involved in the financial management of your organisation, you’ll no doubt be familiar with the ongoing challenge of quickly finding (and utilizing) the data you need to effectively do your job.
Sure, there may be a massive amount of data at your disposal, but you need insight into the finance at a summary level, as well as needing to dive into the details of transactional level data when the need arises.
In fact, the following may well find you gritting your teeth and nodding your head in agreement:
- Converting low level Income Statement and Ballance Sheet extracts into a consolidated view for your company requires hacking up and editing multiple spreadsheets.
- Drilling down from an Income Statement or Balance Sheet into the detail you need is often a challenge with traditional solutions, and then requires further reports to be extracted.
- Combining more than one data source – e.g.: an Income Statement from the General Ledger, with budgets from another spreadsheet, is time consuming and open to human error.
- You’re able to see the problems in the summaries fairly easily, but the process of finding the causes of the problems is invariably difficult and cumbersome.
The above typically involves quite a manual process, and depending on the complexity of data, can take anything from a day to a week of your - and your team’s – time.
There simply isn’t any business value added by creating reports and searching for data – the real value comes from analysing and making better decisions because of the insights hidden in the data.
The “Silver Bullet” for Finance Professionals
With this in mind, we developed the General Ledger Accelerator App, an easy-to-use tool built specifically for financial managers and professionals.
It’s been designed to do all the legwork for you, and actually free up more of your time.
By automating the processes mentioned above and providing a rich environment for analysis and decision making, the focus shifts from creating reports to quickly and efficiently understanding the main levers in the business and making adjustments.
The end result is a much more strategic and valuable approach for financial managers and their management team
With the app, you’ll be able to quickly and easily:
- Extract the lowest level account transactions from your ERP system directly (so no manual reports required, automating the loading of data for analytics and reporting).
- Combine the account information into configurable, summarized analysis views like Income Statements and Balance Sheets.
- Drill down from high-level summary report to the granular, individual transactions with just a few clicks.
- Combine actual transactions with budget data.
- Show tracking of Actuals vs Budgets over time, with the ability to drill down to detailed levels.
- View financial information from different perspectives to gain new understanding and insight on the fly.
- Reduce risks associated with excel spreadsheets and transform into a secure and predictable financial process.
At the risk of hyperbole, we feel this is a bit of a game changer in the financial data management space.
If you’re responsible for the ongoing financial management of your organization, this is a bit of a no-brainer – this tool will free up more of your time and make your life a lot easier.
Schedule a quick 30 min call with us this week and let us show you how the General Ledger Accelerator App will benefit you in your day-to-day. It’s a no-obligation chat, no hard pressure selling from our side – but we’re confident you’ll quickly see the value of the app.
Contact Kevin Van Der Merwe