There’s no doubt that productivity is a key contributor to commercial and financial success. It is a driver of efficiency and has the power to transform resources into goods or services, boost economic activity and GDP, and drive meaningful and sustainable economic growth. Now the question becomes, how can we achieve productivity?
According to an Infor Perspective, How Technology Can Help HR Improve Employee Productivity, “modern technology deployed on smart devices, with built-in task automation that looks and feels like the technology employees use in their daily lives, should increase their ability to focus ‘on the job at hand’ and get more work done.”
HR Using Technology to Drive Productivity
HR professionals must ensure the employee experience is one that fosters a culture of hard work, job satisfaction, and efficiency. Technology can help them achieve this. The HR role includes:
- Ensuring the employee experience is one that supports, engages, and energises the workforce
- Focussing on quality management
- Driving technology as an enabler, not a distraction
- Developing a team that works together to achieve commercial goals
The Right Technology for the Job
Implementing the right technology is a critical factor determining whether technology will support or distract from productivity. Infor HCM is purpose-built to:
- Empower employees to deliver streamlined processes
- Replace complex processes, workflows, and systems with sophisticated, yet intuitive technology
- Give HR professionals a sound connection to the business and talent objectives
- Create significant value across the organization.
According to a recent analyst report, Infor was recognised as a Leader in the 2021 Nucleus Research HCM Value Matrix. Nucleus cited Infor HCM’s industry-specific content models, its overall level of flexibility, usability, functionality, and personalisation as key positive elements.
Driving Productivity with a Total Solution
With a view to supporting HR in driving productivity and efficiency, Infor HCM offers a total cloud-based and fully integrated solution that creates a global people connection. Users enjoy:
- A secure, shared source of global-ready, industry-specialised foundational workforce information
- A single resource for all core HCM business processes with no interfaces required to synchronise data
The Value of Productivity
As the US economist Paul Krugman famously said, “Productivity isn’t everything, but in the long run it is almost everything.”
Mervyn Dinnen, the talent and HR analyst who wrote the abovementioned Infor Perspective agrees. “Employee productivity may not be everything, but it is almost everything when it comes to how economists and companies measure business success, all over the world. Productivity and employee engagement is essentially how a nation transforms their resources, goods, and services to meet global market demand; and boost economic growth.”
By Paul Bouchier
Sales Director at iOCO, within iOCO Software Distribution, an Infor Gold Partner
For more information about Infor HCM and its productivity benefits, please contact Paul Bouchier at email@example.com.