Solve for email impersonation
Trust email again. Stop cyber-criminals from sending email using your domain and protect your customers, suppliers and staff from attacks.
Did you know that over 90% of cyber attacks begin with a phishing email? This is due to two major problems linked to email security:
1. When you receive a mail, there's no way of knowing whether it actually came from a person in the "from" address.
2. You don't know if the mail you received in your inbox is actually the one that was originally sent, or if a third party intercepted it.
The results of an email impersonation attack – be it theft of personal information or money – can be devastating to businesses of any size and type, in terms of both their financial situation and their brand reputation.
Aligned to iOCO’s objective to provide customers with IT Operations that can guarantee security and integrity, it is our mission to make the internet a safer place by making domains DMARC compliant, so that email impersonation and phishing attacks are impossible to do.
Our solutions and services
We've developed innovative DMARC compliance software that protects a business’s staff, customers, suppliers – and the rest of the world – from impersonation attacks on their domain.
Our DMARC compliance software brings together four global email authentication standards to either stop email impersonation or make it impossible . DMARC compliance makes a business’s brand domain more secure and therefore protects its reputation, while also improving mail delivery and providing visibility of all legitimate and illegitimate emails.
The overall result? A domain is completely secured against any email impersonation or phishing attacks in future – along with their entire ecosystem. This means that not only is a business protected, but so are its customers, partners and staff.
Who do we solve for?
Our customers are people from any industry and any organisation that uses email – from small start-ups to large multinationals. Our customers typically fall into one of four categories:
- Email fraud victims: These are individuals who have had money or personal information stolen – or had a near miss – due to an email impersonation attack or breach, and want to prevent it from happening again in the future.
- Chief Information Officers: These are C-suite level executives in an organisation who understand the risks of business email compromise and want to protect their business against it using DMARC. They know DMARC compliance is essential, but they may not know how to go about implementing it.
- Email engineers: These are technical people who know about DMARC compliance and want more information about implementing it on their company's domain. Sendmarc can help these individuals through the technical steps involved, and can be involved as much or as little as they prefer.
- Mail Service Providers (MSPs): These customers are MSPs looking for a robust, scalable email protection solution for their clients. We help these providers implement DMARC on their client domains, including giving their clients access to view reports and take actions to protect their domain.
After launching two years ago, Sendmarc added over 2000 domains over a period of eight months, including blue-chip JSE listed companies (mentioned below). In practical terms, this adoption has been exponential, and Sendmarc went from processing a few thousand emails per month in January 2020 to over 270 million emails per month in February 2021.This makes Sendmarc the largest email security platform of its kind in Africa – in a record space of time, and in a global context.
Over and above this, Sendmarc is truly independent of any of the major mail providers. Because DMARC is about reporting on the health of these providers, this independence is a strength – in that there’s no incentive to “sweeten the data” for Sendmarc. This makes Sendmarc the ideal partner in providing the audit function that DMARC delivers for clients of all sizes.
Start a conversation
Ready to talk about how we can help you.