With the evolving enhancements in technology and shift towards a work from anywhere culture businesses need to work smarter and automate business processes from start to end. Within the SAP environment the accounts payable processes can be automated by implementing OpenText Invoice Management for SAP Solutions (VIM).
The main objectives of a VIM implementation include:
- Digitization of invoices
- Efficient invoice processing
- Quick issue resolution
- Expedient approvals
- On time payments
- Capitalization on discounts
- Disparate user accessibility via mobile apps
- Maximize ROI
The essence being to simplify, transform and accelerate the Accounts Payable (AP) processes to gain efficiencies for the business, improve supplier relations and maximise ROI.
Streamline Accounts Payable operations via the digitization of invoices using the latest OCR capabilities: OpenText™ Intelligent Capture for SAP® Solutions (on prem) or OpenText™ Core Capture for SAP® Solutions.
Sophisticated algorithms and machine learning capabilities have been imbedded in the Optical Character Recognition service that can virtually eliminate human interaction for extraction of invoice data and saving it to SAP.
It is now also possible to process other document types beside invoices such as Delivery notes, Sales Orders, HR Documents, Invoices, Credit Notes, Order Confirmation and Remittance Advices at no additional licensing cost.
- SAP integrated – VIM has been developed and tested with close collaboration between OpenText and SAP and utilizes SAP technologies such as ABAP, SAP Workflow, Fiori applications and SAP Netweaver Portal.
- Multiple input channels – Invoices can be ingested into SAP via numerous channels such as scan, email, SAP IDOC, XML, EDI, Ariba and presented in any format.
- End to end automation – It is possible to fully automate the invoice data extraction via Information Extraction Service (IES) that uses enhanced machine learning technology.
- Exception Handling– More than 200 standard exceptions are available for configuration and also the option to add custom created exceptions.
- Invoice Approvals—Approval workflow and configuration that allows for hierarchical and level-based approvals depending on configured company codes, limits and costing objects
- Role driven Framework -
- Easy deployment – Pre-delivered baseline configuration provides best practice scenario’s for PO invoice, Non-PO invoice and down payment scenario’s
- Supplier Self Service Portal and Fiori App – Enables suppliers to track invoice payments and reduces back-and-forth queries.
- Reporting and monitoring – Comprehensive reports to track all stages of the invoice life cycle as well as
- Geared towards the SAP roadmap – VIM supports the latest SAP platforms and the design leans towards simplification, digitization and cloud-first concepts.